Sunday 17 June 2012

Wellington


Evening friends

God news – we have a card today!

But first a little update on the babies – they had a good night – they are all eating well – drink is still causing me a headache so as a last resort I have been pouring milk over the cat food – my thinking is they are getting fluids with the food!

And they are keeping warm thanks to the heat light...

So to my card

You will recall I had orders galore for Father's Day cards for dads, grandads and great grandads – well most of them were made using either kits or crafts you print kits

But not this one...

I saw the new Do Crafts launch of the Wellington Bear collection some time ago and bought the 3d decoupage sheet – I say sheet as it was one huge great sheet that actually had 8 x A4 sheets to it – and each sheet had 2 designs – what wonderful value!!

Well I have loved this particular sheet from the moment I saw it

It features Wellington Bear sitting in a huge leather chair

For the card I used a sheet of A4 burgundy card and created my A5 card by folding in half

The card was made using lots of matting a layering so here goes....

a piece of silver mirri card was attached to leave a narrow border all round followed by

Cream with white spot paper that was trimmed to size with a deckle edge blade in the trimmer – then

a piece of burgundy patterned paper – I rounded the corners on this piece before attaching centrally

next it was a cream paper with fancy script – cut to leave a narrow border and with straight corners but I did stick a length of brown with white spots ribbon across the top before attaching to the card.

The image was also matted and layered

So I used a small panel of burgundy glitter card which had the corners rounded

Added a piece of cream with white dots paper again with rounded corners leaving the all round border!

This was then stuck to the card front with double sided tape and positioned below the ribbon border.

I added some text to a similar tag so it suited the occasion and this was placed to the top left of the image panel!

I used silicone to build up the decoupage on this sheet shaping each piece before positioning it!

Once the silicone was dry I embellished simply using glossy accents on sections of the bear and big chair!

I love the card – is it cos I love this image so much – I think yes...what do you think....

Catch you next time

x

No comments:

Post a Comment