Wednesday 20 June 2012

Big Sis...


Evening

Its so nice to see I have some new followers – so welcome – I do hope you will enjoy the card I make and share

As always I love to read any comments posted – it makes me feel I am not doing this just for my own benefit!!!

I was asked to make a couple of cards late last week – one was a congratulations on becoming a big sister and was for a 4 year old

Have to say this is the 1st time I have been asked to make such a card but decided it would be nice to make – having the free run on something girly – perfect....

So I decided I would finally get to play with the Boofle cd I got a few weeks ago when it was launched.....

I opted to use a decoupage sheet from the cd and also printed a pretty pink backing paper that had white daisies on it. And a similar design sheet in lilac.

To make the card I used a sheet of pink card which I folded to create my A5 card blank.

I laid both backing papers against the pink card and decided it had to be the pink one – and what girl doesn't like pink – and lots of it!!!

I used a Martha Stewart Bubble Bath border punch to punch down both sides of the paper – this was then stuck to the card with double sided tape leaving a small border to each edge

I cut out the decoupage – I was undecided as to whether to cut off the white edging around the image or leave it – in the end I left it as I think it made the image stand out more.... would welcome your thoughts about this – did I do the right thing in leaving it?

Anyway once it was all cut out I built the decoupage using tiny sticky pads and shaped the top pieces which were the nose and feet. And of course the pretty pink flower!

I placed this off centre on the card using cosmic shimmer pva glue then cut down a tag I had printed – onto the tag I added Big Sister - I used pink glittery peel off letters for this and added a few silver hearts for decoration.

The corners were cut with a shaped punch and this was matted onto a piece of pink card – I cut the corners on this with the same punch – then attached to the bottom right hand corner of the card with one large double sided sticky pad, a length of lilac spotty ribbon was used to create a small bow and added to just above the sentiment with Pinflare gel.

To personalise the card I used my Dimension Stamps alphabet stamps – both upper and lower case.

I stamped onto white card using a versamark ink pad then covered with Blonde Moments Sugar Floss Lustre embossing powder, tapped off the excess and then heated.

Next I used some Dimension Stamps peg stamps 1 was a butterfly the other a daisy – these were randomly stamped across the letters using memento ink pads sweet plum and bamboo leaves.

After cutting out the letters I highlighted the butterflies and daisies with a Sakura quickie glue pen then sprinkled with Glamour Dust

After that it was simply add sticky pads to each letter and attach across the top of the card.

Narrow pink ribbon was threaded through a dusty pink button and tied in a knot then attached to the flower centre with Pinflare gel and a plain brown button was added to Boofle's tummy

Finally glossy accents was used to cover his nose and leave it all shiny....

Have to admit I am pretty pleased with the finished card – just hope the person who asked me to make it as well as the child receiving it are too!

Have you anything to say about the card? All comments are welcome...

Till the next card.....

x

No comments:

Post a Comment