Friday 29 June 2012

Oh Christmas Tree...


Hi.....

Well my lovely new stamps arrived yesterday from


and I just couldn't wait to have a play!

The new stamps were from her lovely newly released christmas collection

I have used Starry Tree JUN007 and Snowflake cluster JUN012

The sentiment stamp used on the card was from Personal Impressions Snow Is Falling PICSA6155 designed by Lindsay Mason

I started by folding a sheet of bright white card in half to create my A5 card blank

Using a sheet of the same card I cut it into 2 pieces then rubbed an antistatic bag all over one piece

The snowflake cluster stamp was positioned on a small acrylic block then using a versamark pad I covered the stamp and began randomly stamping the card – inking up the stamp each time.

Once I felt I had enough of the snowflakes covering my card I covered the whole card with WOW Silver Sparkle embossing powder and tipped the excess back into a tidy tray

I then heated with a heat gun until all the powder was melted then set this to a side until it was needed.

The tree was placed on a large clarity stamps handle and again I inked up with a versamark pad and stamped the tree onto a piece of the white card – covered with the same WOW embossing powder – tipped off the excess and heated.

Finally I stamped out the sentiment and again heat embossed

I was now ready to start building up my card.

It was now that I realised I didn't have enough of the background snowflakes so added more – stamping and embossing until I was happy with it.

Taking a sheet of silver mirri card I matted the snowflakes background to it leaving a border then attached to the front of my card with double sided tape.

The tree was matted onto silver mirri card then bright white card leaving narrow borders each time – this was attached to the card with large sticky pads.

Under the tree I placed the sentiment that had been matted onto silver mirri then bright white card – this was also attached with large sticky pads.

Finally I found a length of pretty white wired organza ribbon that had silver snowflakes on it so I added it around the spine and tied into a neat knot then cut away the excess.

And that gives me the pretty finished card...

But is it finished?

I am thinking that I might just add some clear ab gems to the centre of all the swirls on the tree – what do you think please?

Don't be shy – leave me a comment – I used to get them but they have well and truly dried up these days I think!!!!

x

2 comments:

  1. This is an amazing design. You have used the Mirri card so creatively! Keep up the fantastic designs.

    ReplyDelete