Tuesday 19 June 2012

Chrismas?


Hi

Better weather today so I managed to put the babies outside into the hutch – they have fed well all day so now undecided as to whether I should bring them in overnight or try them out...... decisions!

Seems mad that the sun is out and here I am doing Christmas cards – but I have been asked to make some so have to start at sometime

This is a sheet from craftsuprint. and was designed by Ann Marie Vaux

She has a range of these sheets is different colours with sightly different scenes – so I have printed and made up most of them now

This one features a church

I started by using a scallop edge square card and coloured it using Tim Holtz distress ink pads – think it was Old Paper and Pumice Stone

The sheet was cut out and the base image stuck to the card with double sided tape to leave a nice sized border all round.

I used big double sided pads to build up the decoupage on the card – I think the beauty of these cards has to be the intricate cutting out – well worth taking time with though!

All that was left was decoration...

So I used glamour dust – used a Sakura quickie glue pen to highlight sections of the scenery and then sprinkled the glitter...

Then used the quickie pen on the white poinsettias and sprinkled with gold glitter to cover the centres

Lastly I used glossy accents to cover the brown and green berries that feature around the garland

A very pretty card to make – and can be changed with different coloured background or glitters and I have also done this design using an A5 card so a sentiment was added below the image!

Hope this might inspire you to make a start on your Christmas cards too – no point leaving it all till last minute

See you tomorrow

x

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I've just come across your'e fantastic work on Chloe's Creative Cards's blog your work is excellent I shall look in daily
    Kind Regards Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely card Angie!!
    Mx :)

    ReplyDelete