Friday 15 June 2012

Black & Red


Hello again

Well its been a tough day today mainly because sadly mummy ferret sadly died last night leaving 7 little orphans for me to now hand rear.

I fed them and left milk in their hutch last night and when I went this morning they were looking in a bad way – so very very cold!

So I have had them here in my craft room all day in a cosy plastic storage box that has a fold over lid – the box is padded out with towels and the babies are snuggled inside a fluffy baby towel

We set up a heat lamp so they are certainly improving but I am struggling to get them to eat and drink – they haven't had very much but I am happy enough knowing they have had something and are still pretty active – think the cold really knocked them for six – will try warm milk later and then see what happens overnight!

And so to the card for today

This is from Debbi Moore Glitter & Glitz Oriental cd rom – one of the newer releases and it is lovely...sometimes oriental images aren't so pretty don't you think?

I folded a sheet of bright red card stock to create my A5 card blank

Printed out a sheet of beautiful backing paper fading black through to red – and along one of the short edges I punched a border using an EK Success punch.

I attached the backing paper to the card with double sided tape – and wrapped it around the spine and around 2cms into the back of the card for neatness!

The image used was a decoupage sheet – fairly easy to cut out and make up.

I started by sticking the large base image to the card front then built the decoupage with medium sticky pads

On the cd are flower sheets so I chose a colour that co-ordinated well with the backing paper, cut out the large petals and then the smaller gold petals – both sets make a lovely flower when cut out and built up – the gold flower was finished off with a pretty pearl brad through the centre and the printed flower had a lovely pink patterned epoxy brad through the centre.

When it came to positioning the flowers I was undecided as no matter where I tried them on the card they looked great so in the end stuck the small gold one to the top left of the image and the patterned one to the bottom right – I attached them with a blob of silicone glue to they wouldn't fall off.

For decoration I used glamour dust, glossy accents and tiny gems

As yet there isn't a sentiment added – two reasons – one was I thought it might be nice to keep the card plain and add something as and when I need to and the other – I couldn't decide where would be the best place to add one!

Well as always, thank you so much for popping in again – its great knowing you are keeping an eye on what I share with you

And one last thought – if there is ANYTHING you would like me to have ago at and share with you – please do let me know! I love a challenge...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment