Thursday 7 June 2012

A Touch of Art Deco


Hello from a very wet and miserable Hull

I thought you might appreciate a change from London themed cards so today I am sharing a fab card that I made up a few days ago

It is from a kit bought from crafts you print and was designed by Robyn Cockburn and its called Burgundy Lilies Art Deco Easel

The kit features 6 sheets to print in all – that is including the 2 sheets to make a matching envelope

Although this is an easel card and I print direct to photo paper as my printer doesn't like card, I cut the easel sheet into sections – took my sheet of burgundy card stock, scored and folded it then stuck the paper panels into place with Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue – its the first time I have done it this way but have to admit it looks much neater – mental note to myself – remember to do it this way every time!!!!!

So far we have made the basic easel then – so next I cut out the art deco panels and stuck the largest panel to a piece of the same burgundy card stock and cut it out leaving an equal all round border.

This panel was fixed centrally to the top fold of the easel card and then the other deco panels were attached using the large sticky pads.

As a stopper I cut a panel of the burgundy card and stuck it to the base on large sticky pads – then cut out a Best Wishes sentiment which I then stuck onto a piece of silver mirri card before adding to the burgundy panel – again using sticky pads!

I cut out the decoupage – erm not sure I should actually say decoupage though as it was more a case of lilies and leaves – they didn't build on each other – so I just fixed them to the panel in a way I thought looked ok! Then added the paper bow that I cut from the sheet!

Last thing was the pretty butterflies – once they were cut out I shaped them and fixed one to either side of the sentiment – I added a very thin strip of foam tape to the body so the wings remained free.

Once that was all sorted I sprayed the whole card with Crafters Companion Iridescent Glitter Spray for a lovely all over shimmer and sparkle.

The envelope was just like all envelopes in the kits – both sheets cut out and scored then stuck together with double sided tape to finish.

I really like this pretty card – its a lovely shape and the colours are stunning!

Catch you again tomorrow I hope,...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment