Sunday 24 June 2012

Heart of Flowers


Hello

Well after days of not actually making a card I decided today that I wanted to do something

We were planning on going out – that was before we saw the rain and dark skies!!!

So it was out with the stamps for a change

This card was made using Chloe's Stamps

www.chloescreativecards.co.uk and the stamp is MAR005 Flower Heart Wreath at £5.99

I started by folding a sheet of matt black A4 card to create my A5 card blank

I then stamped randomly with a swirly stamp by My Paper World – it was stamped with versamark and then covered with granite embossing powder and heated

That was put to one side while I worked on the topper.

I stamped the heart onto white card using versamark then sprinkled with granite embossing powder and heated.

This was then cropped and matted onto black then white card leaving a narrow border each time.

I stuck this to the card blank using double sided tape and PVA glue to be sure it stuck securely.

Next stamped a sentiment by Lindsey Mason onto white card again with versamark – and again covered with the granite embossing powder – tapped away the excess and heat embossed

This was matted like the heart – so black then white card – this was then fixed to the card under the topper but I used large sticky pads and pva too.

A butterfly was punched from pressed black glitter card – I used the Papermania butterfly punch – I folded the wings up and glued along the body only – this was placed inside the heart wreath.

To finish I used black AB gems in the centre of all the flowers that make up the heart wreath and also one in each of the 4 corners of the topper – then I added clear AB gems either side of the black in the corners!

I am so pleased with the card – hubby said it was ok – but too heavy for his liking – men – what do they know anyway??

Would welcome your thoughts please....

Hugs

Angie

x

No comments:

Post a Comment