Thursday 14 June 2012

Hard Life....


Evening

Just for now I am sticking with the Father's day cards as they really are worth looking at – hope you will bear with me!

This sheet was bought from www.craftsuprint.com and was designed by Janet Briggs – the sheet number is 321851_68

Again like yesterday this should be a 6x6 card but as I needed to make 3 similar for this lady I wanted them all to be A5 size

I used a sheet of lemon Adorable Scorable card – this is fab card to use – as they say at Hunkydory it can be folded without cracking – well I wasn't sure but it is true – its great!!!

I came across an A5 piece of pale green backing paper I had printed at some time or another so used this for the card as it went great with the card blank and the image

I used the Martha Stewart bubble bath border punch at the top and bottom of the paper and stuck it to the card with double sided tape leaving a border

Next I cut out the base image from the sheet – it was quite a tight fit so I cropped some of the printed border and that meant it was the right size for anywhere on the card.

Out of habit I always add my toppers to the top of the card but this time I dropped it leaving space at the top for the sentiment.

I attached it with double sided tape and added the decoupage to it with tiny sticky pads

Once the decoupage was complete I used a large sticky pad on the back of the tag sentiment and stuck it on an angle across the top.

To decorate the card I added some of the lovely new card candi – to the corners I went with pastel lemon decorated with silver stars and then at the top of the card I used matt black with silver circles! These really are great to use on any card

At each side of the sentiment I added a small pointed AB gem which really stand out and catch the light well.

Glossy accents were used on the feet, beer bottle, strawberries, the 2 birds and the blue rim of his hat!

A great card for many occasions – goes to show one thing – men's cards don't have to be hard to make!!!

Till tomorrow....

x

No comments:

Post a Comment