Saturday 9 June 2012

The Greenhouse


Hi

Back to reality again

Today's card is another of the lovely Giant Easel Tableau kits

I was asked by my lovely friend Ann to make a card for her friend who would be celebrating his 80th birthday later this month

The info she gave me for the card was erm – different – so he grows lovely tomatoes, always smells of lovely aftershave, buys her a trifle every week and when she goes to see him always gets a glass of whiskey!

I wasn't too sure I could do anything suitable for the aftershave, trifles or whiskey so opted for a greenhouse

I had to ask around and despite several efforts all failed!

Until I spotted this fab kit which I have had a long time – again from crafts you print and again by Valerie Dawes – this kit is called Gardening Dreams

It has 6 sheets of printing and after the printing was done I stuck the green house, the main easel card and the extra tabs to white card before cutting them out.

I have made so many of these kits so don't really need to stop and think too hard over how they fit together – what I will say to anyone who might be considering making any of the GET kits – I print one size DOWN – otherwise its a nightmare trying to sort envelopes – even making them yourself as I now do!!!

For the card – as I said I stuck the greenhouse to card first – the 2nd layer had loads of cutting out to do as all the windows needed removing – once that was done I stuck the layer to acetate and cut around it – it looks pretty good I have to say so pleased I went down that route now

The hanging baskets had loads of cutting out and I had to admit defeat with some areas – try as I might I just couldn't get all the white bits out without damaging the rest – thank goodness for glitter, flower soft, stickles and glossy accents!!!!

I used the above to highlight flowers and then Cosmic Shimmer coloured glues for the tomatoes

The crowning glory for this special card has to be having the gents name across the tool at the bottom of the card.

A lovely verse was printed and added to the card base!

All that's left to do now is make the envelope!!

Thanks again for dropping in....

x

1 comment: