Monday 25 June 2012

Fashion...


Hello friends

I am getting excited now as my twin daughters Nicky & Vicky are due back from their holidays tomorrow – I cant wait to see my grandson Layton – I have missed them all so much but especially him...I was over the moon today when I got back for the shops to find a postcard from him saying I love you lots love Layton and robot xxx and he wrote it himself too – will treasure it as its the 1st postcard he has sent and it was to me!!!

I have enjoyed a play today – I finally used an IndigoBlu stamp its all matted and layered but I didn't get round to actually making it into a card – something for another day I suppose...

My card for today is made using the My Craft Studio cd – but I cant recall which one...what am I like eh? Only part of the info...sorry!!

To make the card I used the complete card section on the cd – I believe its called the Elements section

It all printed onto one sheet which is great for a quick card that still gives you room to design – that is the downside with crafts you print sheets – they are all laid out so its just cut and stick and then when you embellish that the only part you can really claim to have done yourself...

I started by scoring and folding a black sheet of card to create my A5 card blank – I have used it landscape – or tent fold – that is fold along the top.

The backing paper from the sheet was cut and matted onto a piece of bright purple card leaving an all round border.

This was then glued to the card black using double sided tape.

A piece of black card was cut and one edge was then punched using my Martha Stewart Cherish border.

To that I attached a length of the purple card leaving a border to the left and the punched border at the right free

Then I used a bought gem embellishment which really could have been made to fit the panel.

I cut out the topper and matted onto black then purple card again leaving the borders all round

This was stuck to the card with sticky pads then a sentiment added inside the topper again on sticky pads.

To finish I decorated using patterned card candy in the corners of the topper and used different Cosmic Shimmer PVA coloured glue to highlight the sentiment and the bag

A great quick and easy card for a lady of any age!!

Catch up again tomorrow folks

x

No comments:

Post a Comment