Saturday 23 June 2012

Christmas Robin....



Hi...

Back to christmas again today

The sheet is another from www.craftsuprint.com but it has no maker details on the sheet – sorry!!!

I started by colouring the edges of a scallop edge 6x6 card blank.

I used a Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass distress ink pad

After cutting out the main image I stuck it to the card using double sided tape – I added dots of cosmic shimmer PVA glue to the tape as I needed it to stick and stay on the inked card.

The decoupage was a pain to cut out – in places I did ignore parts as no matter how I tried I just couldn't get close enough and keep it neat!

The second panel was the robin inside the frame and I had to cut around the leaves and berries – arrgghhhh – it looks great now but I was close to tearing my hair out!!!!!!

I continued to add the layers, shaping where it needed shaping until everything was done

On to the embellishing

I added Stickles Ice Diamond to the dots that surrounded the robin frame – this gave dimension, a hint of colour and of course lots of glittery shine.

Using a quickie glue pen and glamour dust I highlighted petals on the white flower then used the glue pen and red glitter for the centre of the smaller flowers and the berries.

Some of the smaller berries were glazed with glossy accents and within the greenery I added a thick layer of PVA and sprinkled with iridescent glitter!

A very pretty card that I know I would love to receive

I'm pretty sure I will be making several more of this one before this christmas arrives!!!

See you again soon

x

No comments:

Post a Comment