Thursday 28 June 2012

Pirate Ahead!


Evening friends

I am sharing a card I have a feeling I may have shared before – I say that because I just love making Pirate cards for little boys

Today is Petes' grandson Thomas' 4th birthday

So I thought a good excuse to make a shaped pirate card

The card is designed by Evelyn Watts and was bought from www.cardmakingdownloads.com

The kit – as with most of these shaped cards kits consists of lots of sheets – 2 to make the envelope, 1 for backing, 1 for decoupage, 1 is the main card and then 1 more for the insert

But as I say time and again these kits are well worth all the printing and cutting out!

I started by spraying the back of the main card sheet with Crafters Companion Stick & Stay – fixed this to a sheet of mid blue card then sprayed the back of the backing paper and stuck that to the reverse of the blue card giving the main card a patterned reverse!

I then cut out the card and scored and folded it

Next I cut out the insert – I had added a verse before it was printed – so after cutting it was scored then folded and stuck inside the card.

Only the decoupage to do – this was so easy as it was huge pieces – I decided to use large sticky pads or I would have spent as long added the tiny ones I normally use and removing their backs as I did making the whole card!!!!

I cut the 2 pieces that make up the envelope, scored and folded where stated then made up using double sided tape – to avoid making a mistake and wasting the sheets I rubbed a glue stick over the tape so I could remove and reposition if I had to!!!

All in all it went together perfectly!

One silly error I made was spotted before I added – it was on the insert – I made a spelling mistake – but luckily when I scored and folded I opened it to check it was right and saw the mistake – all I had to do was reprint and cut it out again.

I took the photo's before I embellished the card so you will have to trust me on this – I used glossy accents on the skull and crossbones as well as the one on the hat, then the nose and bottle cork.

I used a quickie glue pen to edge the gold coins then covered with gold glitter to make it all shiny

In the photo's you will see the envelope has a blank area – that is because I added the name and address before I printed it and didn't want to show that on here!!!

Pete & I loved the card – shame I cant say the same for his daughter... she just said it arrived but he isn't in to pirates!!!! Seems I cannot win no matter what so may as well just do what I like anyway!!!

See you tomorrow folks...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment