Monday 4 June 2012

In London


Hi again....good to see you popping by

Keeping with the theme of yesterday's card this is a fab kit with graphics by Nitwit

The kit was bought from craftsuprint and was designed by Michelle Johnson

It is called London Scalloped Tent Card Kit

The kit itself had a backing paper that I didn't use, 2 sheets for the envelope and 3 sheets for the design itself.


Once the sheets were all printed onto the 128gsm matt photo paper I stuck the base card onto a sheet of heavy white card then cut it out - the hardest part was cutting out the aperture neatly but I think I did a fair job of it....


I also attached the centre pop up piece to card stock which I thought would help it stay upright

Once the main card was scored I used a red pro marker to run along all the scallop edges then spritzed the inside of the card with Tattered Angels Sherbet Glimmer Mist – this coloured it red but gave a fab sheen to it!

I made up the decoupage section using small sticky pads and when that was finished I scored the legs and slotted through the base that was used to keep the tent stable!

The decoupage was cut out and added to the card front too

For the envelope I cut both sheets out and used double sided tape – removed the backing tape and ran a pritt stick on the sticky so I could move the sheet to fit perfectly without spoiling the paper

To finish I added a simple sentiment to a piece of red card then silver mirri card and fixed it at an angle!



I will add glossy accents and possibly a touch of glitter and glitz when I decide what's happening with the card...

Really sorry about the poor quality of the photos - think the camera must have been having an off day

More to share tomorrow folks!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment