Tuesday 12 June 2012

London In A Tent....


Evening

Have to say this blog updating comes round so quickly doesn't it?

Didn't get to bed last night as we had to take our daughters Nicky & Vicky and my adorable grandson Layton to the airport at stupid o'clock – was there for 4am – they are now enjoying the sunshine in Majorca for a few weeks and I am missing them like crazy all ready

So spent the day snoozing on and off – had plans to do a couple of cards but never mind – there's always tomorrow

This is another in the London range of cards – I have a very dear friend who loves this style of card like I do – so she gets all excited when I share new ones – Ann has been in bed poorly for several days so when she was well enough to get up she kindly went through this blog to see what she had missed – hope you are much better today Ann....

This is a kit I bought last week, I am pretty sure I had it from Card Making Downloads but on the kit cover it says www.scrapbookingmad.com so don't know

The kit is called 2012 Easel Tent Kit and consists of 6 sheets of which 2 are the envelope!

To start the card after printing I stuck the tent fold base and the stopper to card stock and then cut them out – I also stuck the front panel to card, cut it all out including the central aperture then attached a piece of acetate behind it using just 4 small sticky dots.

Following the simple instructions I made up the card – the 3 main images are cut out and have a base panel which has to be cut up the centre – the base has slits to be cut and the images simply drop into them and are secured underneath before the main base is attached which cleverly hides the workings

The stopper was really built up using large sticky pads so it held the acetate panel in place and showed off the fab cute London themed images – the soldier, Big Ben and red telephone box!!!!

There is a union flag designed heart on the front of the acetate panel – normally I use glossy accents but as it was a larger piece I covered it with Versamark ink pad then clear embossing powder – I did this 3 times to get a super smooth super shiny heart embellishment....

The envelope went together really easily – sometimes with these kits I end up shaving bits here and there but this was perfect!!!

I haven't actually stuck a sentiment in place – it came with 2 different – one was London 2012 and the other Happy Birthday

Another thing I liked with this kit was a panel to attached to the reverse of the card to added a verse or just write on - I havent added a printed verse as I have an idea who will want this card and she likes to write her own stuff on them....dont you??? lol

I think I would go so far as to say this is my favourite of all the London themed cards I have made so far...

What do you think?????

See you next time

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Love this one too!!
    esp.the phone box & Big Ben inside :)
    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think this one is a standout no one would know just how much work you have put into it unless your are a crafter "Well Done"
    Steff

    ReplyDelete