Wednesday 13 June 2012

D.I.Y.


Evening

I am getting bored with Father's Day cards now – was asked to do 3 for someone, then someone else contacted me with a request for a couple for dad and grandad then got more orders for dad, grandad and great grandad – think I have just 2 more to complete – thank goodness!!!!

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed making this card though

The sheet was bought from www.craftsuprint.com and was designed by Janet Briggs – the sheet number is 321308_68 don't be put off that I have done this as a Father's Day card – there are lots of sentiments on the sheet for lots of occasions

Although the design is a 6x6 square I wanted to make it slightly bigger so started by folding a sheet of red card stock in half and created a tent fold A5 card blank.

After printing the sheet I cut out the base image which was a tad too big to be matted so I trimmed away the outer printed border then matted onto a piece of lovely green mirri card. This was then attached to the card blank with double sided tape – I positioned it to the right hand side

I had a strip of green mirri card left so used an EK Success border punch to punch both long edges of the card

A narrow strip of bright red card was then fixed over the punched border.

This was all then stuck to the left side of the card with double sided tape and decorated with green card candy.

I cut a piece of red card then a slightly smaller piece of green mirri card – punched the corners with a fancy corner punch – and than stuck the Father's Day sentiment on top – this was then positioned at an angle across the border

Back to the main image – I cut out the decoupage and built it using small double sided sticky pads

Once it was done I finished by highlighting sections with glossy accents and then green card candy was added to each of the fancy corners to finish.

Would make a great card for birthday, get well or just hello how are you.....

Hope you will pop over again tomorrow folks

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Great card Angie,
    as you say it looks suitable
    for many occasions!!
    Mx

    ReplyDelete