Tuesday 26 June 2012

Poppy Heart


Thank you for dropping by again

I finally got round to making up a card after my stamping session yesterday so just hope you like it!

The stamps I used were Poppy Heart Code PH by IndigoBlu – available online and at most craft shops that stock the IndigoBlu range of stamps – this was cost £8.99 and was already mounted onto eazi mount

And the verse was from a set of stamps by Flower Soft – this was the Floral Sentiments Design Set 1

I started by stamping the heart onto white smooth card with a versamark ink pad and covered with WOW Rudolph Red embossing powder – tapped off the excess then heated until the powder melted.

I did the same with the sentiment stamp.

Starting with the heart stamp I matted first on to a reddish pinky satin card then onto white and lastly matt black leaving a narrow border around each layer

Then I matted this onto a piece of bright red card that was cut using a deckle edge blade in the Woodware Finger Guard Trimmer, leaving a deeper border.

The sentiment was matted on to the same satin card then white and then black – with the narrow borders on each layer.

To make the card itself I cut an A4 sheet of red card down to a 6x6 card then used the deckle edged trimmer on 3 sides

I cut a 6x6 piece of red with a straight blade then re-cut it using the deckle blade – this was secured on the folded card front – my easel card was ready!

I came across a sheet of backing paper that was white with a black pattern across it so I created 3 square panels approx 5x5 when cut with a deckle edge – one panel was stuck to the card front and the other to the card base – leaving the border round all sides on both panels.

I stuck the matted and layered poppy heart onto the card front centrally.

As I had a scrap of the matt black and some red card left over I decided to make a mount for the card base so cut the black piece to measure 3cmx14.5cm and a red panel 2.5cmx14.5cm – these were stuck on top of each other and placed across the card base approx 3cm up from the bottom edge – I attached using double sided tape

Next I added large double sided pads to cover the base of the matted sentiment panel and positioned it centrally over the black and red panel to act as the easel stopper.

As yet the card hasn't been embellished as I aren't too sure what I want to do – it could be some pretty AB gems in the corners, or card candy – glitter? Who knows

If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them please...

What do you think to today's card?

See you next time

x

No comments:

Post a Comment