Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Stamped Steampunk?


Something totally out of my comfort zone for today folks....

I bought myself some lovely new stamps from Kanban – they are the Jasper set – steampunkish really

So for the card I fancied browns and orange shades

Started by using a sheet of pale orange Adorable Scorable card by Hunkydory which I scored and folded to create my A5 tent fold card

I covered this with a piece of yummy brown textured card from a pad called Chocolate Box Coredinations – it was perfect being brown one side and a peachy colour on the other side – I was using a 12 x 12 sheet so cut it down to fit the card front leaving a border, before I stuck it to the card I used a sanding block to distress the edges – this allowed the peach to show through.

Then I cut another piece slightly smaller – this time I used the Tim Holtz distesser to really give a good distressed edge – again I cut to leave a narrow border

The base piece was stuck brown side up and the next piece peach side up

I did stamp a flourish in the bottom left and top right corners using Rich Cocoa Memento Ink – but really didn't like the effect so covered it up by added more of the brown card – because of the way I had cut the 12 x 12 sheet I was left with smaller pieces so I used one piece at the left which followed on with the sanded edges and the piece on the right I put through the Cuttlebug using Swiss Dots embossing folder – then rubbed over with the sanding block

Both pieces were stuck with brown side up and a border.

I had a set of pretty flourish dies by Sizzix so cut out 2 different ones – one of them was cut twice – all from kraft paper.

I stuck the 2 matching flourishes to the left side and with the other one I sprayed it with Crafters Companion Stick & Stay then dropped it into a tub of fine gold glitter – this was then stuck to the right side of the card!

Down to the beautiful ruffled dress – I stamped this onto a scrap of cream card using the Rich Cocoa Memento ink pad – then stamped the same image onto lots of different patterned papers with the same ink

Next I cut a small section from different papers and stuck them onto the base image covering almost the entire image in colour!

This was then attached to my card across the seam of the two top pieces of card using sticky pads to add height!

Ages ago I bought some Tim Holtz adage labels with printed sentiments so decided they would be ideal on this card – so I simply tucked 3 different behind the flourishes and dress on the left side – they arent actually stuck in place so if I see something else I can easily remove these

Finally I added a lovely bunch of peach flowers – I twisted the stems and turned them up and covered them by laying a Love sentiment over it – this was held in place with 3 small sticky pads.

I keep looking at this card and I think I like it – as I said its something very different and out of my normal comfort zone...

Would love to know your thoughts please...

What can I do to make it better – if anything.....

Thanks for looking


No comments:

Post a Comment