Monday 20 August 2012

Watercolour Flowers

Hi
The card of the day today is a beauty or at least that's what I think!
I used a lovely cd by Pamela West who is a very clever lady – she does all the artwork herself
The cd is called Watercolour Flowers
I was torn as to which sheet to print and in the end I chose the Poppies
Here is how I made the card...
So I folded a sheet of A4 Sage Green card to create my A5 card blank
Then cut a piece of silver holographic card to fit the card blank leaving a few millimetres all the way round but didn't attach it yet
I glued the base image to the silver mat leaving a narrow border at the top but slightly wider down the sides an around 1.5 cms at the bottom
Next I used a length of sage green with white dots ribbon that I bought from www.meiflower.co.uk
A medium sized bow was tied in the centre and positioned slightly to the left then the long pieces were taped behind the silver card
This panel was then attached to the card with double sided tape.
On to the decoupage – it was so easy as it is just the 2 butterflies that are decoupaged.
The 1st decoupaged butterfly was added with double sided sticky pads – the whole of the butterfly was done
But the 2nd butterflies were attached by just one tiny sticky pad placed along the body – this allows the wings to be turned up a tad creating movement.
Black Stickles Glitter Glue was dotted inside the heads of the poppies and a clear Stickles was added along the body
As yet I haven't added a sentiment or an insert as this really is one of those cards that would suit any occasion...
I hope you have enjoyed the card
Til the next time....x

No comments:

Post a Comment