Tuesday 21 August 2012

Back to school...

Hi
Well I didn't expect to be making a card such as the one I am sharing with you today
The reason is I was invited to join the design team for a facebook group where I am also the ATC co-ordinator
Anyway the design team were chosen and we were given a deadline and the theme was “Back To School”
OUCH....
What on earth can I do for that? I knew I had a lovely rubber stamp from Crafters Companion but because I never enjoyed colouring I sold all my promarkers and this image certainly needed to be coloured in...
I searched my files, my folders, my cds and nothing jumped out at me
I asked friends for help and was put in the right direction...but still nothing really grabbed me
So I started searching on the download sites and finally found this wonderful sheet – its called Your New School … Perhaps! And was designed by Barbara Alderson
So I cut out the sheet and added the single piece of decoupage with small pads
There were the 4 corner tiles so I dabbed them with a versamark ink pad and then covered with clear embossing powder – I did this twice to give a nice tile effect and attached them to the card with sticky pads.
I used my Boofle alphabet stamps and a black versafine ink pad to stamp A B C across the top left then did ! And ? With Radiant Rain dabbers in Mediterranean and Jasmine then did 2 hearts with the Radiant Rain dabber in Cinnamon – to highlight the letters and signs I used a Tim Holtz Picket Fence distress ink pen as it dries white.
I used an 8x8 scallop edged card and covered the side edges with Tim Holtz Pickled Raspberry ink pad and the top and bottom with Shaded Lilac
After that I shook the Radiant Rain Glimmer Mist spray well – thye colour is Pearl Lilac – then sprayed all over the inked edges to create a lovely shimmer
I had to blast the edges with the heat gun to dry the mist
Now my image was ready to be positioned on the card – I used double sided sticky tape to do this.
I took a length of white satin ribbon and stamped a tape measure to it several times on both sides using the Versafine pad, this was wrapped around the card and tied in a neat knot in the centre.
Lastly I added a little glitter to the hem and sleeves of the jumper as well as the leg warmers and placed amber AB gems on the bag strap and the girls necklace
Have to say it looked great when it was finished – just a shame I cant think of any occasion I would need to use this card...
See you tomorrow with something else....
x

No comments:

Post a Comment