Thursday 30 August 2012

For Christmas


Hi

Today's card is one Sandie Birchall had on sale on craftsuprint in 2011 and I actually made this up several times for last Christmas but as I didn't share cards then I thought I would make it up again as it really is a lovely card

I printed the sheet onto matt photo paper and cut out all the elements to start with.

I then made up the pyramid design using large sticky pads – I rubbed a Prit Stick over the sticky pads before attempting to line up the layers so it would e easy to take off and try again if I didn't quite line up.

Next I folded a sheet of dark blue card stock to create my A5 card blank

A piece of silver mirri card was glued to the card blank leaving a narrow all round border

The image was then attached to the mirri card with double sided tape.

I used a Sakura quickie glue pen and glamour dust to highlight and sparkle the snowy areas of the design

I love the way the iridescent glamour dust on the christmas tree to the right side of the card actually looks green – it couldn't have worked better had I used a coloured glitter.

The sheet offers several sentiments but I chose a plain and simple Best Wishes for Christmas

As I said this really is a pretty card – the look can be changed by the colour of main card you use and the mirri card – this also works lovely with backing paper instead of mirri card.

See you tomorrow

x

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty xmas card! I love the green sparkly tree too! Pauline x

    ReplyDelete