Wednesday 22 August 2012

Lilac Rose With Organza


Hi

This is a card that I made when I found out a special lady had been poorly

I bought the sheet from www.cardmakingdownloads.com and it is called Lilac Rose In An Organza Frame – it was designed by Judith Howells

It is such a pretty sheet and suitable for birthday, get well, well done or just a hello card

To make up my card I used a very dark purple card stock which was cut down to a 6x6 card blank

A piece of silver mirri card was cut so it left the narrowest all round border – the corners were rounded using the corner chomper before sticking the panel to the card front with double sided tape

The main image was cut out – I actually cut this down quite a bit so it would fit onto the card – so once I was happy with the size I rounded the corners and stuck to the silver mirri panel again leaving a border all the way around.

All the decoupage was cut out – on the whole it was quite easy to cut out but there were one or two tricky sections were care was needed.

Tiny 1mm double sided sticky pads were used to add the decoupage to the card

I shaped the top most pieces before adding

The butterflies were attached just along the body so that the wings remained free – once they were shaped it gave the appearance of a butterfly in flight

Using a Sakura quickie glue pen I went along the edges of the roses and butterflies then sprinkled with glamour dust.

A simple Get Well Soon was added to the bottom right hand corner to finish

I sent this off some time ago and haven't heard anything as yet but I am pretty sure it must have arrived

Hope you like the card

More tomorrow,....

No comments:

Post a Comment