Saturday 11 August 2012

Get Well Soon

Hi....
My next door neighbour had surgery yesterday and is now back home – sore but otherwise ok
So as we have been neighbours and friends for almost 10 years I decided to make her a get well card
Time and again people say an unexpected card really is a big boost so I hope it will be for Julie
I started searching for something suitable and after 10 mins decided it would be quicker to just go and buy something...
I dont need much of an excuse to buy!
The sheet is called Grin & Bear It 4 and was designed by Karen Heavyside
I bought this from www.cardmakingdownloads.com
To make the card I started by cutting out and building up the decoupage using flat sticky pads.
I then sprayed the front with the new limited edition Spray & Sparkle PINK and set aside to dry
While that was drying I coloured the 8x8 scalloped edged card with pink tint PanPastels
Next I die cut 2 ribbon slot borders by Marianne Designs out of light weight white card and coloured then with Tim Holtz limited edition Pickled Raspberry ink pad
After measuring the borders and sticking together so they almost covered the left edge I slotted a length of pale pink with white spot ribbon through it and cut to a V at the bottom edge
This was then stuck to the edge of the card using very narrow red double sided tape so it was sure not to fall off.
A small neat bow was tied using the same ribbon and attached to the top of the slot border.
Now the image is dry I matted onto a piece of silver mirri card then some bright pink embossed card – it was then stuck to the card using red double sided tape again
Lastly I twisted 3 shaded pink flowers around a pink pearl hat pin and cut off the excess length
A tiny blob of pinflare glue was added to the back of each flower and then attached to the card in the bottom right hand corner
I made a slightly bigger bow to sit on top of the flowers and attached it with a sticky dot
Julie was so pleased with her card
Hope you liked it too!!!
Again I added what was just a 6x6 card to an 8x8 card which gives loads of room for experimenting or adding lovely extras
See you soon
x

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet,
    I'm not surprised Julie loved it
    Mx

    ReplyDelete