Thursday 2 August 2012

Pirates


Hello

Today's card is made using a kit that was purchased from www.craftsuprint.com and designed by Valerie Dawes

The kit is called Pirates

It is a giant easel tableau or GET for short

There is a fair bit of printing needed for these kits but well worth it in my opinion

So after printing through Picasa – I used that so I could add the verse as well as name and age to a few sections – I roughly cut out all the pieces and decided which of them needed to be then stuck to card stock

I used Crafters Companion stick & stay to stick the printed paper to the card stick

Then it was a case of cut out everything properly

Once I had the cutting out sorted I scored and folded the easel base as well as the stands and supports

I built up the decoupage using small sticky pads curving the top pieces

After slicing the base I slotted the pirate ship section through the back slot and the treasure chest through the front slot – both were then secured under the base and then the section that the verse was printed on was stuck to the base covering up the workings

I had added the child's name Riley and his age 5 to the treasure chest as I think the child who will receive this will be made up seeing his name on the pot of gold!

I used glossy accents to highlight the skull and crossbones on the flag and the hat as well as the main sail

This is the 1st time I have made up this kit despite having it for months and months

A fab card for little boys of any age don't you think?

See you next time

x

No comments:

Post a Comment