Friday 3 August 2012

Tea Time


Hello

Today's card is made using a kit that was purchased from www.craftsuprint.com and designed by Valerie Dawes

The kit is called Tea Time...

It is a giant easel tableau or GET for short

There is a fair bit of printing needed for these kits but well worth it in my opinion

So after printing through Picasa – I used that so I could add the verse as well as name and age to a few sections – I roughly cut out all the pieces and decided which of them needed to be then stuck to card stock

I used Crafters Companion stick & stay to stick the printed paper to the card stick

Then it was a case of cut out everything properly

Once I had the cutting out sorted I scored and folded the easel base as well as the stands and supports

I built up the decoupage using small sticky pads curving the top pieces

Have to just say it was a pain cutting the zigzag border for the cake stand – it wasn't difficult – just boring as had to cut it 4 times in all

Once it was all put together and the verse added it was all down to decoration

The cup cakes had lots of spots and dots on them so I used pretty pearl gems to cover the printed parts

Once the cupcakes were done it was just left to the glossy accents which I used on the hearts of the zigzag as well as cherries and fruity decorations

Another lovely kit and I am sure it will be well received

Thanks for dropping by and see you again soon

x

1 comment: