Thursday 23 August 2012

All Silver & Blue


Hi

Today I am sharing a card that I made up last week

Its another of the lovely Christmas cards – bought from www.craftsuprint.co, but not so sure who designed it – there are just so many that are similar on that site these days

I have always been an A5 card maker but have to say I am loving making the 8x8 cards now and with the way the postage is charged these post the same as an A5 anyway.

I used an 8x8 scalloped edged card from www.craftworkcards.co.uk I think they are around £8 for 20 or 25 cards with envelopes – I did get a good deal at he Crafting Festival where it was any 3 packs of 8x8 cards for £15 I think – but bought so much I could be wrong with that price – I just recall it was too good to miss so grabbed them quickly!

So as the sheet was all in blues I used the lovely limited edition Tim Holtz distress ink pad Salty Ocean to colour all the edges

Left the card to dry for a while and set about cutting the sheet out

There isn't a great deal of decoupage to be cut out of these sheets – it was just a few of the flowers which was a little disappointing as I really expected to have the baubles to decoupage too

I stuck the main image to the now dry card blank – it fitted perfectly against the scallops

Then it was down to adding the decoupaged flowers

They were fixed in place with small sticky pads

The top layer was shaped with a shaping tool before been added to the card

So far I haven't added any embellishments – I had my glossy accents on order so decided to wait for that so I could do the glossy bits and the gems all in one go – then add glitter before fixing the insert

That's another lovely christmas card to my growing collection

See you next time....

x

No comments:

Post a Comment