Friday 17 August 2012

Black & White Stamped Card

Hi
Today I am showing a card I made for a very special friend JAE
She is so down in the dumps at the moment as her lovely hubby Stu is quite poorly
So I asked everyone who knew her if they would kindly make and send her a card to cheer her up
I'm sure you all agree there is nothing nicer than a piece of unexpected nice mail dropping through the door!!!
Last night Jae & I had a chat and she said she was bowled over by the beautiful cards and messages she has had....
I am going to the show at Donnington this weekend – meeting Jae there early doors and staying at hers overnight before she drops me back at Donnington on Sunday for my lift back home.
So to the card
I made this using stamps from www.chloescreativecards.co.uk
The ones I used were...
Medium 8 petal flower code JUN003 £4.99
Small 8 petal flower code JUN004 £3.99
Leaves code MAR008 £3.99
I also just a fancy flourish for the background and I believe it was from Dimension Stamps but no idea of a name or code for it
I used an 8x8 fancy edge white card blank, randomly stamped the flourish around the edges using Versamark then covered with Detail White Opaque embossing powder by Stampendous – I paid £3.99 for mine from Strikes Garden Centre
I heated the card underneath the embossing powder until it was all embossed
Next I cut a piece of black card to fit on top of the embossed area leaving a 1cm border all round so the embossing can be seen
The black card then had a white fine line fancy border peel off all around it leaving a narrow gap – this gives the impression there is extra matting and layering – I think....
For the flowers I stamped the medium flower using versamark pad about 8 times on white card stock and embossed 4 with the same white detail embossing powder and the other 4 with Detail Black Opaque embossing powder by Stampendous – I paid £3.99 for mine from Strikes Garden Centre
I did the same with the small flowers and then stamped and heat embossed 4 leaves with the white detail powder.
I searched through my rubber stamps for the right sentiment and thankfully found something that fitted the bill.... so I stamped it to white card using black Versafine then cut it out with a nestability
The verse panel was stuck to the top left corner and then I made up 3 flowers using 3 petals in each – it was a medium white, medium black and then a small white
I placed the made flowers on the card and shuffled around with the leaves until I was happy
It worked out that I had the leaves coming from the right hand side of each flower – I started by gluing the 1st to the bottom left corner and the 2nd just along from it and the 3rd was working up the right hand side.
I used beautiful white and black AB gems in the centre of the flowers, the corners of the black card panel and in each corner of the verse.
As I said I am going away for a couple of days so wont have a card to share tomorrow but will have lots of new crafty goodies from the show to share with you...I hope!!!
Til the next time
x

No comments:

Post a Comment