Monday 13 August 2012

A Sadness Card

Hello
As I said yesterday I have a couple of cards made up for sharing and the one I have decided to share tonight is one of those we all hate having to make – a sympathy card.
I joined a couple of Yahoo ATC groups and one of the ladies asked if anyone would be willing to make an ATC or card to send to her mother in law who was taken ill and needed surgery that carried many risks – the worst being she wouldn't survive the op
A couple of the members had their card made and sent where as I was still in the planning stage
Then the awful email came to say although she made it through surgery she had lost her battle
So now it was a sympathy card I had to make.
I found lots of suitable sheets in my folder of craftsuprint buys and the one I used in the end was cup number 340352_653 and was designed by Julie Green
There wasn't a great deal of cutting out so the decoupage was soon built up.
I used a cream A5 card blank and matted the main image onto silver mirri card then onto the card blank
As this is a sympathy card I didn't go over the top with embellishing it I simply flicked a quickie glue pen over the birds wings and sprinkled with glamour dust
It was posted off today – I just hope the family find the words helpful
More next time...
x

No comments:

Post a Comment