Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Ladybird & Sunflower

Evening all
I have a lovely cad to share with you and have spent the last 40 minutes trying to find the sheet so I could share the info – so if anyone recognises this please put me out my misery!
When I have craftsuprint or card making downloads in fact any single sheet I add to a folder which is numbered – I generally add around 200 sheets per folder – today I started on folder 69 so you can imagine how hard it will be finding stuff – I often just randomly open a folder and print off a few sheets that take my fancy!!!
So because I have no idea where it was bought from, who was the design and what the sheet could be called I am calling this card Ladybird and Sunflower
To start I used a fancy 8x8 card blank – the bottom ½ was coloured green using Chrome Oxide Green Tint and the top ½ was done with Phthalo Blue Tint – then I went over the whole card with Diarylide Yellow Tint PanPastels
I had a strip of silver mirri card so used a Cuttlebug embossing folder I think its called Diamonds In The Rough – this was then stuck across the card
Next the base image was stuck to the card using double sided tape – the decoupage was built with small sticky pads.
In a box of odds and sods I found the bright yellow drop which was perfect for the centre of the sun – I used Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue to secure this to the image
The card looks nice but was lacking something but I didn't know what – so put the card to one side for a day or so
Looking through my box of flowers I came across a few odd orange and cream flowers so twisted the stems, folded them in half and stuck to the lower left corner with Pinflair glue – a pretty orange patterned bow was placed over the stems
Glossy accents was added to the eyes, nose, ladybird and bumble bee to finish this card!
See you next time

1 comment: