Sunday 12 February 2012

Triple Easel Card



One for the men....

I used the fab new cd from Debbi Moore – For Men

I have to say she is getting better by the cd these days – long gone are the 100 image cds she once did – how bad were they?? But still we bought them....

So for this card I printed out a design sheet – that means you have all you need to create a card on one sheet

Wasn't at all sure what to do next so decided to try doing a triple easel card as so far I haven't had a try at one....

So I laid my A4 card long ways and folded in half to create my large DL card – then I marked the top piece into 3 equal pieces and simply cut up to the fold making 3 panels.

The centre panel folded in half

The panel to the left was scored from bottom left corner to top right – the right panel was scored in reverse so bottom right to top left – these panels were folded inwards.

Next were the 3 toppers – I cut them out, rounded the corners then matted onto gold paper with rounded corners and then onto white card again with rounded corners.

I printed out 3 different backing papers and covered the bottom of the easel with one paper then matted a layer using another paper.

The last paper was used to cover the 3 easels before I attached the panels. The panels were placed so they leaned back enough to see the design but not so much that they were top heavy and kept falling over.
The stoppers were a verse panel and 2 different circular designs – all which were matted onto the gold paper and then white card to match the panels.

These were placed below the leaning panels and to finish I used the glossy accents to highlight card lights, the trees which were faded in the back grounds and the stoppers!!!

A great card that could be used for birthday, anniversary, fathers day or even retirement!!!

Would like your thoughts on this one please? One think I did do after taking the photographs was attach the entire card onto a thicker base as I noticed when I took the photo how the card sagged in the centre!

Thanks for dropping by....

x

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I really like this card - this one would definitely have gone in my bag of goodies the other day..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another really good card Angie!!
    Mx

    ReplyDelete