Monday, 20 February 2012

Best Friend

Hello from a very wet and cold Hull!!!

The day started with sunshine but then this afternoon it turned cold and the rain came – and its not stopped since then...

You will be relieved to know I have at last got myself sorted a little – and have got photographs of the new cards I have made over the last week or so....

Today's card is something I put together as a class project for last week...and it was so popular with the ladies which I was relieved about as I thought it was pretty average!

To make this card I used an 8x8 fancy shaped card – cut it into 2 pieces – a front and back piece – that makes 2 cards.....

I folded my card in half and then cut around the shape so it all matched up....

I stuck a piece of light brown patterned paper to the front of the card then cut round it.

The top punched panel was done using white card – I punched 2 pieces of card using a Martha Stewart punch – Deep Flower Bed – then coloured the panels with Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap Distress Ink pad and brush from Inkilicious.

I had a piece of cream card and a smaller piece of white card. So I punched a border at one edge of the white card using an EK Success scallop type border punch, coloured it with the same ink pad as the other punched border, then wrapped a piece of brown spotty ribbon round it. I matted them and placed across the centre of the card.

The 2 pieces of deep border were placed on the fold of the card – one on front and the other at the back – making sure the design lined up!

Next I cut the Lili of the Valley image using a small nestability die and then used the next size up to cut the gold mirri card.

The image was stuck to the gold card and that was then fixed to the centre of my card over hanging the top of the card – taking care to check it would fit into an A5 envelope still!!!

I chose 3 pretty flowers in shades of browns, cream, peach, twisted the stems up and behind the flowers and stuck onto the ribbon border with a blob of cosmic shimmer PVA glue....once it was dry I pushed 2 shortened hat pins behind the flowers as decoration.

The sentiment was actually 2 stamps – the outer flower and a best friend with text went inside it – I rubbed over my versamark ink pad and sprinkled with ultra thick embossing powder and heated – I did this twice and then stuck to the lower right corner.

I had some scraps of core-dinations card stock which is for distressing so I punched a pop out butterfly then rubbed the wings with a sanding block to let the core colour show through!!! This was attached just above the sentiment.

At last its time to decorate the card – so I used brown spotty card candi on the punched border and also some amber chessboard gems.

On the image I added a few tiny pearls to represent the necklace round the girls neck and then dotted around the dress with a quickie glue pen then sprinkled iridescent glamour dust – after that I dotted the hat and bag with quickie glue and this time sprinkled with bronze ultra fine glitter!!!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the finished card now please....

Thanks for hanging in there while I got myself organised!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment