Thursday 9 February 2012

All At Sea



Welcome to the latest episode of my blog – so far I have managed not to break my New Years Resolution of making and sharing a card a day!

Its snowing again here in Hull so I'm glad to be indoors in the warm...

Today's card is from a cd I purchased a week or so ago after making cards from another cd made by this designer

The cd is called Lighthouse Bay and is available from http://www.debbeescds.co.uk/ it is full of lighthouse themed sheets and accessories!

For the card I went with a different shaped card – if you use the blue eazi-score this is how I did it – place your sheet of A4 card on the score board with the long sides at top and bottom and score on line 5 (DL) fold and crease well. The remaining section measured 3.6” so I scored at 1.8” and creased well – this gave me 2 tent folds in different sizes.


I had printed a sheet of paper from the cd that had crabs on it – I put one piece on the top tent and a piece on the bottom tent, leaving a small border all round on both.


There was heaps of cutting out on the sheet which I like as it adds far more detail – and a chance to experiment if I wanted to. Once I had cut out and added all the decoupage I wanted to add it was time to glitter!! I used a bronze mix of ultra fine glitter that I had bought from a craft show by the scoop.... I used it for the sandy areas and I think it worked a treat! Next I used white glitter on the mountain tops and finally silver sparkle on the windows and door of the building! Glossy accents were used on the whale, the crabs, large pebbles and back stripes of the lighthouse.


Once the glossy accents was all dry I matted the image onto a piece of bright orange card which was then placed on the top tent – leaving an equal amount to the sides but I mounted it higher up the card so it showed when the card was displayed. The right hand corner of the top tent was rounded with the corner chomper.


Using a small piece of paper left over from the decoupage sheet I stamped a message using a clear versamark ink pad and then used mica powder to colour it – to seal it I whizzed over it with a heat gun! This was attached at an angle in the top left corner.


Next I worked on the small tent starting with 2 border strips that were on the cd – Instead of cutting them out I left as a double strip – I placed it onto my non stick work mat and sprayed with Perfect Pearls Mists – Perfect Pearl – it made the paper really wet as I had printed onto normal copier paper – but I whizzed over with the heat gun and it was fine....I attached the panel with double sided tape.


Rummaging through my basket of bits I came across a book of Tim Holtz Adage Tickets so chose the WISH – I coloured the ticket with 2 different Tim Holtz Distress Pads – sorry I cannot remember which I used – then I attached to the card with a brown brad.


I had done a sea themed card a few weeks ago and had various bits left over so I used 2 circular shell toppers which I triple embossed, also used a mini vintage postcard which I matted onto dark blue then pale blue card and attached at an angle in the bottom right corner with a shell on top of it...

Last thing to add was a small Stampbord square – I stamped a postage stamp design on it in black ink then spritzed it with blue Perfect Pearls Mists and attached with silicone glue!

This card will fold flat to fit into a normal C5 envelope!

Have to say I really do like this card – it doesn't actually have a occasion to be used so could be for Birthday, Fathers Day or Bon Voyage or just a simple Hello!!!

Hope you liked this card!

See you next time I hope....

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Angie,
    and well done posting every day!!
    Mx ;)

    ReplyDelete