Tuesday 14 February 2012

Pussy Cat



Hi there

Today's card is great for all the cat lovers out there....

This image was taken from a new cd by Design House – it's called Feline Companions...

The cd is made up of sets all cat related – so decoupage, backing papers etc

When you click on the decoupage section it offers the same picture but in a selection of techniques – so pyramids, twisted pyramids, toppers, wavy edge and so on

I decided to go with the large wavy edge

So I printed the sheet – everything you need is on just one sheet – and cut out all the sections – although its all big chunky sections I have to say I am not a fan of cutting the scallops along the inside edges!

Once all cut I built the design up using some huge but thin sticky pads – cutting some of them up to fit in small areas.


I chose a 5x7 scallop edged card and matted a piece of pretty paper – again from the cd – it was patterned and had a printed border which I chose to put to the left side – from a distance it looks like buttons but they are in fact flowers.


After attaching the backing paper I matted my wavy panel onto a piece of purple holographic mirri card leaving a narrow border all round. This was then stuck to the card – leaving a slightly wider panel at the bottom of the card.


In this bottom space I simply stuck a Just For You sentiment with a clear gem to each side of it!.
I used another 3 of the gems to create a corner design at the top right of the image panel and finished off by using glossy accents on the cats eyes, nose and all the little flowers....


Last thing I did was punch out a butterfly using a Papermania pop out punch – this was in the same purple holographic mirri board I used for matting and layering!!! I then attached it to the top of the image


A card suitable for any age and any occasion – and so quick and easy to do!

Thanks for looking....
See you tomorrow
x

No comments:

Post a Comment