Friday 10 February 2012

Action Girl



Hello and welcome to something a little naughty!!

I got this cd and just wanted to make something from it – the images are great – but quite naughty so only for selected people....

The cd I'm talking about is More Sauce Sir by Jems Designs – I love her cds as they come in folder format and each folder has backing papers (usually landscape and portrait), inserts in a few different sizes and styles, decoupage, toppers, pyramids etc. so no worrying about having to find something suitable


I decided I would do the Action Girl – no reason for this just I liked it!


To make the card I used a sheet of green A4 card folded to make my A5 card blank, added a sheet of metallic card – I can best describe this as oil on water in brown and gold – really pretty and so shiny. I used a deckle edged cutter to cut out the matching backing paper and stuck that in place leaving a border all round. Next I placed a piece of green patterned acetate at an angle on the card and finally the base image.


After cutting out the decoupage I stuck it all to the base image using tiny sticky pads and shaped sections like the ladies legs which really worked well....


The sheet didn't have a sentiment so I used a plain Happy Birthday label from some Anita's packs that were on sale a few years ago – the sentiments covered all manner of events and were around £1 for pack of about 24 – so I sprayed the label with water then dabbed a piece of cotton wool into a distress ink pad and rubbed it on the label so it gave a muted look then took a Tim Holtz nib and coloured it in the ink pad then dabbed around the edges randomly.


I used glossy accents in selected areas round the design, the boots look great!! Then I added a matching insert to finish this fun card for men....


See you next time I hope....

2 comments:

  1. Hmm!! naughty naughty!! lol lol
    I do know a few ex forces who would quite
    like it!!:) :)
    Mx ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love fun cards and thanks for the detail you take to tell us how to do it Angie
    xx

    ReplyDelete