Friday 3 February 2012

Teabag Shoes!



Hi again...hope you haven’t the forecast snow where you are – we have just a covering that came last night but the forecast is a bad one for tomorrow...

Anyway – on to today’s card

I have had a new cd from Sharon Duncan – now for those who know me, I am in no way a fan of Sharon Duncan – and even less a fan of teabag folding – so you would be forgiven for thinking I would hate Get Creative With Teabags by Sharon Duncan!!!

But I have to say I just love this cd...it is filled with designs – around 20 sets in all – and in 3 colour ways too... each set comes with image, tiles, backings and inserts!

So for my card I chose a purple shoe – naturally!


I folded my sheet of black card to create my A5 card blank, then matted the image onto pink leaving a narrow border all round then lilac card leaving a wide right side border and then attaching to the black –the space I filled with some lovely regal purple with white spots ribbon – I wrapped it round the lilac card and tied in a bow on the front.

The design came with a lovely multi layered flower so after cutting out the pieces I rubbed my Versamark clear embossing pad over each piece then sprinkled with ultra thick Cosmic Shimmer clear embossing powder – I did this twice and then pierced a hole through the middle and secured with a lilac pearl brad. I placed this pretty shiny flower to the top left corner of my card.


Now to the teabag medallions – I printed the sheet from the cd onto normal copier paper as I personally find it so much easier to fold – I then carefully cut out the tiles and did the basic folds – so fold in half, turn and fold in half again, turn over and fold corner to corner, turn and do the other corner to corner, turn the tile over and gently push together the last fold line to create a square tile – then add a dot of glue and simply slot one tile next to the last one! Once I had the 2 medallions made up I added a lilac pearl brad to each – the same brad I used on my flower – I bent the brad legs behind the medallion the attached on the shoe with silicone glue.


Once the silicone was dry I picked out parts of the teabag tile I wanted to glitter – used a quickie glue pen and glamour dust to do this


I finished the card by using clear gems in each corner of the base image!

A perfect card for females from teens up!!

Thank you as always for stopping by – see you next time I hope

Bye folks.... x ….......

No comments:

Post a Comment