Thursday 16 February 2012

Anyone for Poker?



Evening everyone

Today's card is one I was asked to make for a friend, she just wanted anything that was poker themed – I have to say I found it a hard card to make

So I searched crafts you print and the choice was pretty poor but in the end I decided upon 56914 by Amy Cummings

Have to be honest and say this design isn't really mine as I saw a finished card and followed it but added my own slant to it!


So I used an A4 sheet of matt brown card stock, folded it to create the A5 card blank and after cutting out all the elements on the design sheet I stuck a strip of backing paper to a panel of gold mirri card and then attached that to the fold edge of the card.

I made up a mat using gold mirri card, then backing paper and then the base image – leaving a narrow border on all layers. After that I attached the pyramid pieces using medium sized sticky pads.


I positioned the image panel over the brown base card and the panel with backing paper – I moved it nearer the top so I had room to put the sentiment – which was matted onto backing paper then gold mirri card - at an angle

The chips were piled and added to the bottom right hand corner – before I attached them I rubbed a versamark pad over them and sprinkled clear embossing powder then heated! I only wanted a light shine which was why I heat embossed rather than use glossy accents


To say I wasn't interested in the card theme it turned out ok – not at all what I would want to send out myself but the lady was over the moon with it and said it was absolutely perfect for her poker playing friend!

Good job we all like different things isn't it?

Thanks for looking....
See you tomorrow
x

No comments:

Post a Comment