Friday 24 February 2012

Cromford Bear


Evening everyone

Today I am sharing a card I made using a My Craft Studio cd rom

The cd was part of the Artist Collection and called Cromford Bear

I have done this quick and easy cards in the past and as soon as I saw this cute bear I just had to go for it!!! The bear is quite similar to the Tatty Teddy is some ways!!!

And I loved the backing paper with its butterflies and touches of orange – unusual colours for most – but I love browns and oranges so perfect to work with – for me!!!


So to make my card I folded a sheet of brown card in half to create the A5 card blank

I then glued a sheet of orange card leaving a border all round....and then the pretty backing paper which I cut using a deckle cassette in my Woodware Fingerguard Trimmer.


This was positioned to leave a narrow border all round too!

The image was matted onto a piece of brown card and fixed to the top half of the card which left plenty of room for the border strips to be placed


Onto the strips I added a Lots Of Love sentiment which I rubbed over with a distress ink pad before gluing in place.

To finish the quick and easy but pretty card I used blue chessboard AB gems in the corners of the topper and then amber chessboard AB gems in the main card corners!


The butterflies were cut out and fixed in place with narrow double sided tape.

Thank you for looking!

1 comment: