Friday 17 February 2012

Little Donkey


Hi there.....

I'm so busy at the minute – have a few cards to get made so I'm rushing to share a card with you today!

That means I am going back through cards I have made in the past month or so and decided to keep for just such days as this...

So its another design taken from a cd by Debbees

This is a waterfall card – on the cd it didn't have any instructions and even though I have made waterfall's galore I had to admit defeat and ask for help – but I got there in the end!!!


I used a 5x7 scallop edge card, covered it leaving all round border – used a sheet of pretty pink co-ordinating backing paper from the cd, I rounded the 4 corners first! I had a second sheet of backing paper so used an ek success border punch to create 2 stand alone borders which I then positioned either side of where the waterfall was going to be placed

After cutting out the mechanism, bar and panels for the waterfall, I scored the mechanism on the folds needed and then placed a strip of double sided tape under the crease. The panels were then fixed to the double sided tape.


The bottom panel was lifted slightly which was where the bar had to be connected to the mechanism.

I punched a hole in the bottom of the pull part and threaded with brown spotty ribbon, which I cut to v shape at the ends to stop fraying.


Then I positioned the waterfall onto my card front, when I was happy with it I used a pricking tool to pierce a hole through the bar and the card then popped a pearl brad through and secured at the back of the card.
All that remained was to decorate the card so I used a brown spotted card candi on the bottom right of each panel and added a gold peel off butterfly to the top panel. The same card candi were put in the corners f the backing paper.


Glossy accents were put on the donkeys ears, hoofs, nose and tail and a couple of lilac flower shaped gems were stuck on the branches hanging from the donkeys mouth!

I coloured a Just For You sentiment with distress ink pad and attached to the card at an angle to finish!

Thanks for looking....
See you tomorrow
x

No comments:

Post a Comment