Sunday 5 February 2012

Fashion Divas



This card was something of a surprise find really – I have had a collection of My Craft Studio cds but as seems to be the case sometimes, I don’t look at them...

This collection of 4 cds were called The Artist Collection and the cd I printed from was vol 4 Dressing Up Dolly Divas.

When I first looked at this cd I thought it was all based on the dress up dolls from the 60's & 70's – where you have the basic paper dolly and then you have wardrobes full of fashionable clothing – all with the fold over tabs that hold the item of clothing in place!

So you can understand why I didn’t bother with the cd – until one day last week when I saw something on Create & Craft – it was saying that almost all the My Craft Studio cds have a stationery section and in that you get a design sheet section....


Naturally I had to look for myself and yes – I loved the choice here – so much so I printed off 5 or 6 but only made up 2 so far. They make wonderful quick and easy cards – everything needed for the basic card is on that one sheet so you then get to embellish to your hearts desire.

So this one sheet showed 3 very fashionable young ladies on the topper together with some backing paper, a sentiment, ribbon borders and a couple of smaller toppers...on one sheet so quick, so easy, so good on ink!!!

To make my card I used a sheet of A4 dark brown sparkle card which I folded in half and rounded the 4 corners.

The backing paper had all corners chomped too with my Corner Chomping gadget by We R Memory Keepers.
The topper was matted onto a piece of purple holographic mirror card and put to one side just for now.


I used a piece of the same mirror card the length of the card and 4cms wide, punched a border along just one long edge using a Martha Stewart Vintage Lace border punch, placed a pale pink ribbon border behind it and on top the other ribbon border from the sheet leaving a narrow border of mirror card showing along the bottom.


I then attached the topper more to the left of the card and then fixed a circular sentiment from a Hunky Dory kit to the middle right and a chipboard button with 2 different purple ribbons slotted through just above it.


Because I loved the simplicity of this card I didn’t do much in the way of decorating it – I simply added 4 of the pretty clear chessboard gems – one to each corner of the topper

That’s it – my simple but I think pretty card that would be great for a teenager but would also be pleasing to an older lady to...

I decided my card was a Birthday card but this would work for a few occasions – or even just a notelet type of thing!

If you have this cd I would urge you to re look at it – especially the Stationery section...

Thanks for dropping by again....see you tomorrow I hope!
.. x …..

2 comments:

  1. Another lovely card Angie, and yes when I get my craft area back I shall have a good look at my cd's. Mx

    ReplyDelete