Tuesday 7 February 2012

Pretty Things



Good evening to you all – hope you are all managing to keep warm during this cold spell!

Today's card is a kit from Crafts You Print called “Pretty Things Double Picture Pop Up 3D Card Kit” and was designed by Sandie Burchall

To print this kit it was 4 sheets and 2 sheets for the envelope

So to start with after printing the sheets I stuck the main card to my folded A4 card and cut down to fit it as the card is smaller than an A5 card.

The decoupage was then added – not that was much of it to add which is unusual for this designer.

Next was the inside of the card – I stuck a central panel onto card stock as it needed to be strong enough to take all the opening and closing

The sheets were all marked with dashes for scoring and dark lines to be cut – once that was done it really was just a case of pop he tabs through the cut slits and secure behind the card

Then the whole insert was added to the inside of the card leaving a small border at the left and right edges so it closed properly.

When it was first made up I wasn't happy with the reverse of the inner panels as you could see where the panel was attached so I removed the panels and drew round them onto some match paper, cut them out and then after re-sticking the panel I put the backing behind covering all the workings!

I had already printed a simple message on the back of the card so all I then had to do was decorate

Inside I added a couple of sentiments and on the front I stuck 3mm flat back pearls on the necklace that was draped over the shoe, phone and bag and then 2 contrasting gems made up the pretty left hand border!.

Thanks for dropping by again....see you tomorrow I hope!
.. x …..

3 comments: