Wednesday 15 February 2012

Country Cottage



Hello friends....

Today's card is great for several occasions – new home, get well, birthday or a general hello card

This is taken from the new Card Creations Plus cd Dennis Lewans Four Seasons

I opened the cd and was blown away by the art work – I knew I was going to struggle with card to do so I opted out and simply printed the very first card!!!

Although when you look at the card made up it looks as though the cutting out will be fiddly but I was chuffed to find it couldn't have been easier – personally I enjoy the cutting out as much as making the card but I know some people do struggle


As this design is all shades of blues and purples I chose deep purple card stock to make my A5 card blank, then covered it with a piece of blue coloured acetate leaving a narrow border all round.

The base layer was positioned to leave another narrow border all around – I attached this with double sided tape, then built up the large decoupage pieces with big double sided sticky pads.


When it came to decorating the card I didn't think twice – I just reached for the flowersoft, some flowers scream out for the pretty coloured covering and this was just such a card!!


So I used raspberry, heather, sand, a bluey one I cant remember the name of, sage and polar white – and also just a touch of glitter to highlight some of the paler flowers!


To use the flowersoft I used my Cosmic Shimmer glue with a fine tip, simply dabbed the tip all over where I wanted to use the colour, waited a minute then sprinkled with the flowersoft, gently pressed it into the glue then tapped the excess back into the pot. I did this with all the colours! I added a general sentiment which was so white it looked out of place so I dabbed over it with a sponge coloured with Tim Holtz distressed ink - it worked!


Once done I stood the card up and thought to myself WOW this card is a stunner!

I took it into class to show the ladies and had so many compliments over it....

Thanks for looking....
See you tomorrow
x

No comments:

Post a Comment