Wednesday 22 February 2012

Teabag for Men


Hello again....

I'm a little later than usual today – its been one of those days where I have just felt yak all day long – no energy and even less interest in anything so have spent my day just laid on the settee dozing....

But I'm ok now so back to the card of the day...

I used a sheet I bought from crafts you print – it was designed by Carol Lepard and the sheet number is 297328

I made the card using a 5x7 scallop edged card and inked the edges with Evergreen Bough Distress ink Pad by Tim Holtz


I cut out the image and teabag tiles – this sheet has no decoupage at all so quick and easy to make

I stuck the image to a piece of gold metallic paper and cut leaving a narrow border of gold all around the image.

This was then stuck to the inked card with double sided tape.


There was a narrow strip of the gold paper left so I measured it to the width of the width of the image and then used a punch to punch holes at either end.

The sentiment was carefully slit along the outside edges just wide enough to slot the gold paper through making it into a ribbon slider....which I stuck in place.....


The teabag tiles were folded in half with pattern facing in – opened and folded along the other side so when opened I have 4 small squares – then I folded corner to corner with pattern showing – turned and did the opposite corner to corner
After the last fold I pushed the points to the centre which formed a triangle – the top fold was folded over from the tight corner to over hang the long part of the triangle – then repeated on the other side – I did this to all 8 tiles and then tucked in inside each other to form the medallion!!! I pushed a pearl brad through the hole in the centre!


All that was needed then was to decide where the medallion was to be placed – I used PVA glue to hold in place....

To decorate the card I used card candi – 1 gold shiny in the centre of the fold side and then 3 different pastel coloured at the top and the same colours in a different sequence at the bottom!

This is such a simple but pleasing card – it has a seaside theme so ideal for men's cards – Birthday, Anniversary, Father's Day etc....

Hope you like my card of the day....

x

No comments:

Post a Comment