Thursday 2 February 2012

Border Collie



Border Collie

Today I am sharing a card that was made using a new cd I have just got
Its Canine Companions by Design House and as the title suggests its all dog related and lovely

So to start I chose the wavy edged topper sheet – there are several to choose from – the same picture but as a pyramid, twisted pyramid, topper, wavy edge and more...


Using an A4 sheet of white card with a slight shine to it I folded to create my A card blank then used my new Adirondack Dabbers in Gold, Pearl and Snow cap to create the lovely shiny outer border.


I had to use red double sided tape and some cosmic shimmer PVA to attach the main image to the top part of the card as it wasn’t sticking to the newly created border without both.

The very simple to cut and match wavy panels were attached with large double sided sticky pads


I decided to add a piece of blue and silver patterned metallic ribbon – so cut a slit about 1cm from each edge just wide enough for the ribbon to push into – I used a ribbon slide that was on the sheet and then added my own printed sentiment on the top. After slipping the ends of the ribbon through my cut out slots I taped then on the inside with a strong clear tape – the insert hides this anyway.


To finish I simply added glossy accents to the dogs eyes and nose – that was really all it needed in my opinion...

What do you think? Should I have done more? If so – what?

Thank you as always for stopping by – see you next time I hope

Bye folks.... x ….......

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet dog and card!! Mx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie love this card the dog's eye's tell a story xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dog is so lovely. Really like the border that you created.

    ReplyDelete