Saturday 25 February 2012

Katie's Birthday Card


Hiya all....

Its been pretty Spring like today – makes such a nice change from the cold wet days of late...roll on summer and the sunshine...

Today's card is something I actually made for my friend Katie – its her birthday today so I know she has the card

I used the Do Crafts Digital Designer Tatty Teddy cd rom

I printed out a selection of papers, the decoupage sheet and then a sheet with sentiments, banners, borders and embellishments.

I used a bought 8x8 square card and completely covered it with a pretty yellow patterned paper then cut a strip from a similar paper in blue – I used a deckle edge blade in the Woodware paper trimmer to take away the plainness of both edges, this was then stuck 1/3rd of the way down the card.


Using the X-Cut circle shape cutter set I cut the main image from the sheet and then used the next size up inside to cut out a circle in lilac card then the outside to cut a blue circle of card.


Before matting and layering I lightly brushed all the edges with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink Pad by Tim Holtz...and added a length of purple spotted ribbon around the card circles before finally positioning the image layer.


Next I built the decoupage layers and fixed in place using double sided sticky pads – lightly shaping the top layers.

I matted a sentiment onto a piece of blue card and slotted it slightly under the main image so it fitted to the bottom right hand corner of the card.


Last to do was embellish the card – so I used 3 large yellow buttons for the 3 visible corners, and a smaller one for the bottom corner of the sentiment.


Glossy accents were added to the nose, patch and pads of his feet...as well as centres of flowers on the backing sheet.....

Purple Violet Cosmic Shimmer PVA was used to form the dots of colour on the present, small ab clear gems were positioned around the lilac circle and also in the flower centres of the sentiment panel


I used a length of purple dotted ribbon – placed a length of double sided tape along the reverse and folded together to form a piece of double sided ribbon which I then made into a pretty bow with v tails – this was positioned above the main image to finish.

I put an insert in the card with a wonderful verse – I was going to share it but decided against it as it was personal between Katie and myself...

Thank you for looking – and please have a go yourself if you are lucky enough to have this fantastic cd!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment