Thursday 23 February 2012

A Pirates Life


Hi

Back to the Card Buddy Shaped Cards for today's offering

This is called “a pirates life for me” and is an off set gatefold card

The kit has 3 sets of printing and 2 parts for the envelope as well as a backing paper which is a matter of choice – personally I didn't see a need to use it!

So after printing the sheets and envelope I sprayed the main card sheet on the back with Crafters Companion Stick and Stay then positioned it onto a sheet of A4 card stock.


I cut around the edge of the whole card then scored on the 2 score lines marked – and folded crisply using a bone folder.

I had added a verse to the insert prior to printing it out so after cutting around the edge and scoring it was ready to be attached inside the card....


All that was left was the decoupage – which at times had fiddly bits – like round the waves and a knife was needed for inside the sails and sections of the characters...but it was worth the effort – do you agree?


I didn't bother to shape the top layers of decoupage as I felt this design didn't really call for it...


As yet I haven't added any glitter, glossy accents of gems – I think I was more interested in getting the photographs done in order to share the card with you....but its only a few minutes worth of job when I decide to do it....


As you would expect, the envelope was simply a case of cut out the 2 pieces, add double sided tape to the outer edges and stick together
A great card when finished – would be enjoyed by boys and girls!!!


Thank you for dropping by – see you tomorrow too????

x

No comments:

Post a Comment