Thursday 31 May 2012

The Mechanic


Evening all



So what has happened to the sun? Really thought summer was here to stay but really should have known better – after all it is a Bank Holiday weekend and we rarely get decent weather do we?

The community building we hold our card classes at is holding a Jubilee/Open/Fun Day next Tuesday so we have all been busy making men's cards – in the past when we have sold cards people always want men's – and with Father's Day not too far away now it makes sense to have them ready! Amazing my friend Katie and I have done several cards the same yet didn't realise until today – this is one that has been duplicated

Today I have a card made using a sheet from


The sheet was created by one of my favourite designers Janet Briggs

The sheet number should you wish to check the sheet out is 320817_68

So to make this card I used an A4 sheet of mid blue card which I folded to create my A5 card but then scored again on the A5 line to create my 6x6 card blank.

I cut the base layer – had to trim more than expected off the printed border in order it fit my card blank and leave the small all round border.

Next I cut out all the decoupage which on the whole was big and easy to cut pieces

I used small sticky pads to build the design and shaped lightly the top most pieces.

Once done I embellished the headlights, mirrors and all the silver tools with Glossy Accents
After cutting out the sentiment I matted it onto a piece of green mirri card that had the corners snipped away

A clear pointed AB gem was stuck to either side of the sentiment.

The card is lovely to make and perfect for males teens and up I should think..

Bright and cheerful – sure to put a smile on anyone's face!

See you tomorrow then friends

x

No comments:

Post a Comment