Thursday 10 May 2012

PG Tips?


Hi....

Where did the last 90 mins go....I came upstairs to do my blog – sat at my work bench to just add finishing touches to my card and then looked again and its 90 mins on!!

So better get on or I will end up posting a day late.....

This is another card my good friend Ann asked me to make for her....the only help I had was it was a guy who would be 27 and his passion is his cup of tea – so could I do anything to help?

Have to say I found this an enormous challenge – I searched through sheets, kits, cds, websites – begged friends for help, ideas and suggestions and still struggled

Until....

An ad came on telly for PG Tips – and that was it – problem solved!

I searched the internet for a suitable image then used PSP to make a couple of backing papers, an insert and a pyramid sheet!


So to make the card I used an A4 sheet of brown card to create my A5 card blank, cut a piece of gold mirri card leaving a very narrow border all round the card then used a deckle edge blade in my trimmer to trim a piece of faded out backing paper, this was stuck to the gold mirri card.


I used a Martha Stewart deep edge border punch and a piece of gold mirri card – placed the punched border down the left hand side of the card and attached with tiny dots of PVA glue


Next I cut out the 6 pyramage pieces and built up using double sided sticky pads – then matted it onto a piece of gold mirri then orange card – leaving narrow borders between each layer.


This was glued towards the top of my card and below that I added a personalised sentiment

Happy Birthday Rick – this was printed onto Safmat and placed onto a scrap of matt gold mirri card – cut out in block format and attached with double sided tape!!!


The insert was matching the card and I printed a suitable verse to it.


To finish this card I added tiny black peel off letters to the cup which spelt out Rick...

I know Ann was really pleased with the finished card and had a message a few days after to say both Rick and his mum thought it was perfect

Another happy chappy!!!

Thanks for looking

x

No comments:

Post a Comment