Monday 7 May 2012

Black & White - Embossed All Over!!!


Hi

Well as promised I have made something using some of the beautiful stamps I bought myself from the Ross Papercraft show here in Hull...

I started by using a white 8x8 card, printed off a sheet of black and white patterned paper from a cd in my collection called ALL LACY, trimmed the paper and fixed it to my card leaving a border all round.


I measured a piece of white card 1 cm smaller all round than the printed paper and stamped a beautiful huge corner flourish design to the bottom right and top left corners using Versamark, covered with Stampendous Kaleidoscope Transparent embossing powder and heated to create a beautiful raised and glittered design. I attached this piece to the centre of my printed backing paper using double sided tape.

Using the beautiful stamps by Chloe – http://www.chloescreativecards.co.uk/ I stamped 6 large flowers, 6 small flowers, 4 branches, 3 butterflies and 2 sentiments – I stamped onto smooth bright white card using a Versamark ink pad and covered with Stamp-n-Stuff Marcasite Opaque embossing powder, heated up all the items and left to cool

Then I sat and carefully cut out all the pieces using a small sharp pair of scissors and for the sentiment I used my cuttlebug and a couple of nestabilities – one size for the sentiment and a size up for a plain piece of card to mat it to.

Next I used my shaping tool to carefully roll the petals of all the flowers and the wings of the butterfly.

Using Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue which is my personal favourite as it takes a hold quickly and isn't messy – I started to build my blossoms up – I used 2 large flowers and 2 small flowers – a small blob of PVA in between each was all that was needed!

I positioned my 1st cluster about 1/3rd of the way up the left side with a leaf spray coming from the top, my 2nd cluster was placed about half way along the bottom edge with 3 leaf sprays coming from it in different directions and finally just 2 small flowers on top of each other made my 3rd cluster which went in the bottom left hand corner!

I added the base butterfly direct to the top right of the card and added a 2nd embossed over it after shaping the wings – I only stuck the body so the wings could move.

The sentiment panel was placed off centre and the last thing I did was tie a bow using black organza ribbon – I left the tails long then used a heat gun on the bow to shrivel it up – the tails look great when shrivelled

I stuck the bow with the Cosmic Shimmer PVA to the top left corner and where the tails landed I added a spot of pva to hold in place...

I finished off by pushing 3 small pearl topped hat pins through the bow!










I hope you like this card as much as I liked making it – can see lots more following on!!!

Thanks for looking

x

1 comment:

  1. It is a stunning card and everything has gone together so beautifully. Love the embossing, how you have done the ribbon and the finishing touch on the ribbon of the hats pins.

    ReplyDelete