Thursday 24 May 2012

For ANN


Good evening again friends


Just to fill you in on the One Direction card I made – it was loved by all!! I have had a great response to it by the lady's family & friends – I have been asked if I will make cards for this and that – and also told to make up a box of mixed cards to leave at the salon which is great news!!!!


I am going back to my favourite stamps again for today's card...they are the flowers, leaves and butterflies from Chloe's Creative Cards


I made this card through the night last night – I had actually stamped and embossed all the flowers a week or two ago so it was just a case of make up the card


I decided I wanted to make and send something nice and unexpected to my lovely friend Ann, she has had a tough week this week so I thought a nice card would make her day – judging by the reply I had in text I think I may have made her month!!! I gave the card to her hubby to take to her this evening when he dropped off my Avon from her!


The flowers, branches and butterflies were stamped with Versamark clear embossing pad and stamped onto a dusty pink pearl double sided heavy weight paper then sprinkled with silver glitter embossing powder and heated


So to the card – I used a plain white A5 card blank and covered the front with a piece of pastel pink backing paper – this is something I had printed from a Flower Soft cd rom some time ago....

I stamped a lovely sentiment by Lindsay Mason onto a shaped piece of card – I believe it is something I cut out with a nestability – once stamped I coloured the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink pad in Victorian Velvet then used a pink pro marker to draw in fake stitch marks.


This panel was then attached to the bottom right of the card and one of the butterflies was stuck slightly over the top right hand corner of it at an angle with another butterfly attached just by the body – the Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue is ideal for such things as it is super strong!


Next I shaped 6 large and 6 small flowers and built them up so 2 large and 2 small make one flower – they were attached to the card with the Cosmic Shimmer across the top starting at the top right corner dropping to around half way down the left side!

Next I cut out a couple of branches and stuck them along the left edge


I searched the internet for a nice verse and the one I used was perfect for Ann....


I really hope you like my card....and if you want more info on the stamps here you go....



and the stamps I used for this

and the other stamped cards were

MAR008 – Leaves - £3.99

NOV003 – Half Butterfly - £3.99

NOV004 – Large Flower - £5.99

NOV005 – Small Flower - £3.99


See you tomorrow



x


No comments:

Post a Comment