Wednesday 23 May 2012

One Direction


Hi


While at class yesterday I had a call from the lady who owns the salon I go to for my nails doing


She asked if I would be able to make something for her daughter who will be 12 on Thursday – talk about short notice!


She went on to explain they had bought daughter Tia a ticket to see One Direction in Birmingham but it wasn't until March 2013 – and it was to be followed up with a day at Alton Towers...


So she wanted a card but in the form of an invitation....her daughter's favourite colour was pink but she wanted some red, white and blue if possible!


I agreed to do it – and was told it would be needed for Wednesday – yikes!


My biggest problem – who on earth are One Direction? Seems I am the ONLY person who hasn't heard of them!


Thank goodness for Google is all I will say...


So this morning I set to work on the card – found a couple of good images and then opened up My Craft Studio


Until a few days ago I rarely used this program – wonder if it's because I had no idea how to? But I played and asked my friend Katie for help and all started to make sense..


I started by importing a union flag to fit the half of my page – faded it out and then dragged and dropped my picture onto the page – resized and placed in the centre of the page


Set the text up and added the Happy Birthday message to the top and then the invitation to the bottom...
The insert was done using the same flag, again faded out and the rest of the text added.


Once printed out I cut the front page out, used a white A5 card blank, added a piece of blue mirri card to it then matted the image.


Using a quickie glue pen and Debbi Moore pink glitter I highlighted and covered the girls name Tia
I added 4 pink gems to the corners of the photo.
I had some union flag paper left from another project so stuck it to a piece of card stock, punched out 4 circles, then punched 2 small holes in each to make buttons – slotted a piece of red, white and blue satin ribbons and tied in a knot before trimming the ends.
The buttons were popped in each corner to finish


I delivered the card a little after lunch today and she was chuffed to bits with it – she said she couldn't think of anything I could have done to make the card better....what a lovely compliment eh?


See you tomorrow folks....

1 comment:

  1. She will love it xxxx
    and her mum will love u too

    ReplyDelete