Saturday 19 May 2012

Purple Pleasure


Hi....



Back to cards again today – more so the stamped and embossed cards!



This is a card I was asked to make – my good friend Ann wanted something lilac and pretty to send to her special Aunty as a Just to say Hello type of card



So because the stamps were new and I was really enjoying playing with them I decided this was the way to go



I used an 8x8 card blank and covered the whole front with a sheet of lilac patterned backing paper from the Papermania Creative Tones range of papers.



The stamped sentiment is a lovely verse – Scatter Seeds and this was from www.inkylicious.co.uk and cost just £3.49



I used Stamp n Stuff Purple Metallic Opaque Embossing Powder for all the stamping here!



So for the card design I stamped 6 large flowers, 6 small flowers, 2 butterflies and 4 leaves – and then the sentiment went onto plain white card then I cut out the sentiment using nestabilities.



Tim Holtz distress ink pads in Dusty Concorde was used on the edges of my sentiment, then large sticky pads covered the bottom – this was placed in the centre of my card.



Once the flowers were cut out I shaped them with my bone folder and starting at the top left of the sentiment I used 2 large and then 2 small flowers, turning each one slightly to give lots of depth.

It was then that I decided to add the same flowers to the 2 bottom corners of the sentiment so they were all stuck in place with Cosmic Shimmer PVA – I use that glue as its super strong and goes off in moments which is great doing these cards!



Next I added a tiny spot of the pva to each of the leaves and attached them between the flowers – the stems are quite flexible so I was able to alter the angles they were placed in.



Lastly it was the butterfly – the first one was stuck to the card with the pva and then I shaped the body and added a line of pva so this could be stuck on top of the flat one – it is not attached anywhere else – that goes to show how good the Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue actually is!!!



And that is the card complete!



Just in case you didn't see the information I added for the stamps with the last card I did using them – here it is again...



The stamps were bought from http://www.chloescreativecards.co.uk and the stamps I used for this and the other stamped cards were

MAR008 – Leaves - £3.99

NOV003 – Half Butterfly - £3.99

NOV004 – Large Flower - £5.99

NOV005 – Small Flower - £3.99

No comments:

Post a Comment